I finally woke up around 10am and strolled over to the balcony to have a cigarette. The weather was warm and since we were only a block from the ocean, there was a nice warm breeze coming through.
I wondered around the room for a bit, trying to figure out what to do for the next few hours without him and decided to order some breakfast. There was a note sitting by the phone from him:
"If you order room service, you have to pay for it. Don't charge it to the room."
Shit! I thought.. I don't even know if I have cash on me. Plus, I didn't even know if I could order it without charging it to the room. I called the front desk to ask if I could pay instead of charging it to the room and if they accepted credit cards since I found no cash in my wallet. What should have been a 5 minute conversation turned into a 20 minute one because the lady that answered the phone spoke hardly any English and had NO idea what I was asking.
Finally, she connected me to the kitchen where I eventually found someone who spoke enough broken English to answer me and I ordered.
Just as I was hanging up with them, my cell phone rang. I was half hoping it was The Army Recruiter because I was already beyond bored, but it wasn't. It was The Personal Trainer.
"It's hammer time again" He said in the form of a greeting.
"WHAT? What are you talking about??" I was completely lost
"You know.. time to get together again!"
"OHHH.." was all I could think of to say at the moment. I didn't know what to tell him.
"Just ohh? That's all I get is just an OH?"
As I was trying to answer him, my phone started to lose connection, which was a blessing in disguise.
"I'll call you back when I get a better connection" I repeated a few times hoping he heard me and I hung up. I sat there and wondered what I should do. Should I tell him the truth or lie? We weren't exclusive by any means. Hell, he was married! But for some reason I felt like I couldn't.. or shouldn't.. tell him the truth.
The knocking of room service interrupted my thoughts and I quickly ran to answer the door. By this time I was starving and I wanted to get back to my dilemma.
Over my bagel and cranberry juice I thought of the different scenarios I could tell The Personal Trainer. I also wondered what my relationship with The Army Recruiter was. Are WE exclusive? We never talked about it, but I couldn't help but wonder.. if he didn't want to be exclusive, would he have asked me to come with him to Miami? If we were exclusive, then I'd definitely have to tell The Personal Trainer the truth, right? I don't cheat. I know it sounds VERY hypocritical, since The Personal Trainer was married, but I looked at it like.. it wasn't MY marriage and I wasn't doing anything wrong... right?
I had come to the decision that I had to tell The Personal Trainer the truth. It was only fair. He had told me the truth about him being married, that he'd never leave her.. but the only difference was... I wouldn't do what I was expecting him to do.
Cheat.
I picked up the phone, grabbed my cigarettes, went back on the balcony and dialed his number.
Monday, October 11, 2010
The Army Recruiter Con't.
Posted by ~J at 10/11/2010 01:52:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
So...what happened. I've been waiting patiently to see how this plays out. Ok, maybe not so patiently...lol. ;-)
Ohhh I'm sorry! School just has been taking up a lot of time.. am trying to get back into the swing of things. I'll try to post tonight. Thanks for reading! :)
School is much more important than my curiosity (sp?). Take your time, I will be here when you have time to post.
Post a Comment