BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

So Sorry!!

Hello everyone! I hope your Holiday was great and had a safe New Years.

I want to apologize for my lack of posts for pretty much the month of December. We had a death in the family and blogging took a backseat to everything else. I also spent most of Dec. in Alabama (unexpectedly) and as you know from previous posts, I have no internet there unless I find a hot spot somewhere, which is easier said than done.

Within 24 hours of coming home I got a bad headcold that eventually turned into Bronchitis, a double ear infection, sinusitis and tonsilitis with a temp running about 102 degrees. (I pretty much got every 'itis' there is!!) Many Dr's visits and many different kinds of antibiotics later, I'm still not well. I ended up having to go get a few breathing treatments a couple of times... you never know how very important breathing is until you can't do it! LOL So, now I've got my inhaler, some new meds and some hope that I'll be over this very soon!

I promise I'll get back to posting when I am feeling better. I hope you all forgive me for such a long break without any forewarning.

Happy New Year!! :)

12 comments:

http://sweetcanadian.blogspot.com/ said...

I have been worried about you woman. Sorry to hear about everything you have been through, here is hoping things get better soon.

I missed your posts so much i had to start my own blog lol.

Looking forward to reading more when you get better.

~J said...

Thanks so much for understanding. I honestly haven't felt this bad since I had double pneumonia back in 2001.
I spent 20 minutes earlier today coughing up a lung or so I thought. Turned out to just be some chunky green gunk. Eww.. don't you like that mental picture now :) Hahaha
Anyway, thanks again!! I hope to be back up and running like normal within a wk.
Btw, I started reading your blog tonight and love it! Keep it up! :)

http://sweetcanadian.blogspot.com/ said...

thanks hun :) i had bronchitis for 6 weeks back starting in august so i know what you mean. I am lucky though i have a mask (breathing with forced air) at home for my sleep apnea so that helped me sleep.

Chunky green gunk is not good, signs of an infecton. I quit smoking (on day 33 now) and i don't even get that and i should lol. I really hope you get feeling better. There is nothing worse than feeling like shit for more than a couple days.

thanks for checking my blog and leaving a comment, i left one back :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back. Enough itis already!!! Feel better soon. I think you'll find the inhaler very helpful. A couple years ago I had a bronchitis and just couldn't kick the cough. I got an inhaler that was purple and circular (looked like birth control pills!) and I would push a button to crush a pill and then suck it in. After a couple days I noticed a huge difference. mum

~J said...

Hey! Congrats on the 33 days, Sweetcanadian!! Wish I had that willpower! I tried the pills once and well.. lets just say ppl liked me a WHOLE lot better when I was a smoker! lol And the dreams I had with the pills?? Omg.. horrible!

Mum, I have to be honest... I'm not using the inhaler as often as I should. I'm a smoker (I know.. I know it's a horrible and harmful habit lol) and every time I use the inhaler I have to wait at least 45 min to have another cigarette. You would think that would be easy, and normally I don't want 1 that often. But, psychologically it kicks my ass and I'll want 1 as soon as I take 1 damn puff from the inhaler. Thanks for the get wells

I hope to be up and writting very soon! :)

http://sweetcanadian.blogspot.com/ said...

I have dreams from the pills but surprisingly i am not overly bitchy, it's amazing lol. I smoked for 18 years, a full heavy smoker, i have 0 willpower so i am surprised i did it but...... i think getting engaged had something to do with it lol.

Next is weight loss *laughs*

can't wait for new posts, take the inhalor, will help u get better faster.

Joangel said...

I was just thinking about you and scrolled down and saw your post. So sorry to hear you have been so sick. ONE of those things is enough to kick you ass, let alone ALL of them at the same time. I hope you feel better soon!

~J said...

SweetCanadian - Oh I wasn't bitchy either. I cried over EVERYTHING!! And started to get super depressed, which isn't like me. I'm not a depressed person. I think the only times in my life I've been sort of depressed was when my grandmother died in 1997 and then a lady who was like my 2nd Grandma died the following year. And that wasn't so much as depressed but just really really sad.

However, on those pills.. man.. even I hated to be near me! lol I started to have thoughts like.. I wonder what it's like to be dead. Not saying I was thinking about committing suicide, but I had morbid thoughts. Idk, it's hard to explain. I also had the standard 'no one loves me, i'm a loser', etc. thoughts. I hated it. Got off the pills and within a wk, I was back to my normal self! :) I wish you luck on those pills and hope that you never feel the depression from them. :)

Joangle - Thanks for the get well! :) I hope to be back up and running like normal soon. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas (if you celebrate that and if not, then.. Happy Holidays) :)

http://sweetcanadian.blogspot.com/ said...

I am very emotional but never thought it had to do with the pills, though the things that piss me off are normal things that would piss me off and upset me lol. Though i have very litteral tolerance for other people. I am ready to constantly say fu** u to people lol. I didn't have any today, i want to try to continue without them but today has been harder than recent days, but i will continue trying on my own now, it has been 5 weeks afterall, i have back up ones if i need it though.

~J said...

Sweetcanadian - Which pills are you on? I was on Chantix and I'll NEVER do that again. The warnings on them are outragous.
I had the same fuck you attitude to everyone as well. It was like it hightened all my emotions. Something that I would normally just be like "aww.. that's sad" would make me bust out in tears. Something that normally would make me just pissed off, would make me raging angry and I literally wanted to do harm to people. I already have a super bad temper and the pills made it 100X's worse.. and that was NOT good LOL.

I hear they have some new pills to stop smoking. Maybe, eventually, when I'M ready to quit, I'll look into those. But until then.. my mom can just lecture all she wants and it's gonna fall on deaf ears. :)

http://sweetcanadian.blogspot.com/ said...

I am on champix so i am sure they are pretty much the same, i haven't had one in 3 days and i am fighting my cravings, i was upset last night and i wanted one real bad, i have visions of having one and hating myself, glad i withheld.

Your mom will always nag, that is what mom's do lol. Your an adult so you don't have to listen to her lol. The habit is worse to break than if you were a crack addict.

I just won a 3 month gym membership so i will be onto my next phase of my goals, when my wedding comes i hope to have lost 40-60 pounds, i am hoping to be down 40 pounds by our social in oct, back to 180 when i met my fiance 4 years ago.

Wish me luck, i am making him buy a 3 month membership so we can go together or i won't go, at least not for the first while by myself, maybe once i get used to it and not so self conscious.

~J said...

I know I don't really know you.. but I'm really proud of you for sticking to your guns!!!

Hey congrats on the membership! It is really hard to do it alone cus you don't have someone who will push you to go when you want to be lazy lol. That's my problem. I start off with good intentions and will go regularly for about a month, then I'm like 'eh.. this isn't fun anymore' lol.
What can I say..? I'm lazy lol